The good news: we made it all the way across the country with no major incidents, including the kind involving animal bodily fluids.
The better news: there’s a kid who lives across the street who goes to the same school Isaiah will be going to (the public school around the corner) and his parents rave about the community there.
On to the food plan for the week, aka the “restock the pantry plan.” Hysterically, I am leaving tomorrow afternoon for a gathering in Portland I’ll be attending for work. Hello, Eugene! Bye, Eugene!
Sunday: let’s just resign ourselves to eat out every meal today. I’ll embrace it if you will.
Monday: home-made yumm bowls (brown rice, black beans, black olives, salsa, avocado, and yumm sauce – here’s a recipe for you folks not in driving distance of a Cafe Yumm)
Tuesday: almond butter tofu stir fry
Wednesday: pasta, sauce, and vegan meatballs of some sort
Thursday: vegan sloppy joes with cheesy cauliflower rice bake
Friday: vegan waffles and sausage
p.s. We had a pretty good week of eating while we were on the road. Here are some of the highlights!
- Cheyenne, WY: Anong Thai. With three locations in WY, this place is a goldmine. The panang curry was among the best I’ve ever had.
- Ogden, UT: Sonora Grill. They have a vegan menu, and I ordered the crispy avocado tacos. It was a HUGE amount of food that I absolutely could not finish. Whoever thought to fry an avocado was a mad genius, though.
- Twin Falls, ID: 4 Roots Juice Bar and Cafe. I had a taco salad with this walnut-mushroom taco “meat” that was outstanding, and a vegan chocolate chip cookie for later.
- Boise, ID: Thai Cuisine. My dad’s favorite place in Boise, and one we visit every time we’re in town. Amazing people, amazing food.
- Mitchell, OR: Tiger Town Brewing Company. VEGAN WINGS in a town of 130 in the middle of Oregon. Hands down my favorite find this trip.